Monday, April 30, 2012

12th Day of Packing - Goodbyes

The "12th day of packing" is really when most of the packing as taken place!! I wish I could zip each one of these precious people up and bring them with me!!  I haven't been able to post about them, but we have had some of the most incredible farewell parties, and sendoff events you can imagine!! My school put on a HUGE program for me and the parting gifts have been so overwhelmingly wonderful!! My heart is full and overflowing and each time we walk someone to the gate and say our final goodbyes, I feel like I'm more and more in a daze and cannot believe we're really leaving!
"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26)
"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain form embracing."  Ecclesiastes 3:1-5
I planted these marigolds as part of my farewell gifts to my lady friends here, flowers from my home that I hope make them think of me each time they see a bright blossom.

3 comments:

Schumachers said...

I can't wait to see you in a week!!!!

Schumachers said...

Oh that was me, Mindy

Anonymous said...

I knew they would try to hide in your suitcase. I have sure been thinking of you the last few days, my heart is heavy for you. I know you will leave a part of your heart there but the memories will be forever with you. We can only imagine how much joy you gave them and how much they gave you. I have sure learned to appreciate things more because of your journey. Thank You for sharing your life this past 8 months, have a safe trip home. I'm hoping to get up there this summer. Dorothy