Thursday, November 17, 2011

Moto Ride

Riding a "moto" has been on my 'to do' list since I arrived in Cameroon nearly 2 months ago!  Since motos are not allowed to be taxis within city limits I hadn't had the opportunity, till now.  Today my wish was granted when a moto driver offered to take Nate and I out to the deaf school (for a price).  When the three of us were bouncing up the rough road that a 4-wheeled vehicle could never manage, Nate commented about the uniqueness of the crowded, bumpy ride.  I had to smile, I have 4 siblings, a dirt-bike, and section lines at home... this ride felt more like a sweet taste of home than an unusual foreign adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll never forget all the crowded ride when all 7 of us went here and there in the S-10 or all of us on the 4 wheeler or most of us on the dirt bike!! Those were the day!! not sure we'd all fit anymore! Love and miss you, mom