Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 6 (Wednesday)

My apologies to my faithful readers who were waiting for this post last night, I let you down L. Kenny had choir practice at church last night, when he left I laid down on my bed, put pictures on my computer, and started getting some ready to make a post. (this was right around 7:00pm) The next thing I knew… I woke up around 1:00am very confused and disoriented, then realized what had happened and that everyone was fast asleep, so I really got two night’s worth of sleep for the price of one! But I was tired!

We walked by the white house and Washington monument first, Kenny tried to get us tickets to go up but they said the elevator was broken. We visited the American History Museum where among MANY things, we saw the star spangled banner that inspired the national anthem and the first ladies’ inaugural gowns. Kenny had meetings from about noon-3:00 so Nathan and I walked to the WWII and Lincoln memorials. When we were walking back to meet Kenny I wanted to walk right up to the base of the Washington monument so we did, then sat down to look at our metro map and decide where to meet Kenny. Just then (we’re talking a 30-second time frame) a guard walked up to us and asked if we had tickets to go up the monument, we didn’t. Then he asked me if I wanted to, I said, “Yes, but we don’t have tickets” he said not to worry about it and told us to wait for him at a certain spot… apparently they had just got the elevator working again and we ended up being the 1st two in line! (everyone else had tickets) and went right up to the top within a couple minutes of sitting down to look at our map… had we been 30 seconds early or late… talk about right place at the right time! When we got back down the line was huge!

As you can probably see from the pictures, the sun was out in full force! All that sunshine, fresh air, and exercise is probably why I slept so good last night!....too good!




Notice the guards on top of the White House.

Hillary Clinton, Laura Bush, and Michelle Obama's inaugural gowns. We weren't allowed to take pictures of the flag.

No comments: