Monday, July 6, 2009

Hail storm

This afternoon I took this panorama of the sky because the clouds were amazing, I figured it was going to be another one of the thunderstorms we've had allot of lately but I didn't realize what it would bring.

Looking on the radar later it seemed that 3 storm systems "met up" right over our farm. The storm produced hail ranging from pea to quarter size. The good thing however is that it was right over our farm and the fields away from the yard are just fine, some didn't even get any rain.
As you can see some of our corn got it pretty bad, it's hard to see when it was nicely knee high and beautiful on the 4th of July. However, I believe God is very capable of making it continue to grow if He sees fit.
About 4 1/2 hours later there was still some hail in the ditch.
Mom's garden didn't escape the hail, just this morning I thought I should take some pictures of her garden because it's so nice and starting to produce more and more, once again I think allot of it will pull through, but I suppose it will be set back a little

James 1:12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he
has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to
those who love him.

God is so good! Sometimes it takes losing something to realize what you have, we are so blessed and God is still in control. We have many many untouched acres to be thankful for and the hope that even these will pull through.

No comments: